In addition to managing three Work Programme Contracts, G4S Welfare to Work is delivering a £15 million contract in Greater Manchester, Cheshire and Warrington as part of a new £200 million initiative to help England’s most troubled families.
Supported by the European Social Fund (ESF) and coordinated by local authorities, the new service aims to help over 3,000 people from families with multiple problems move towards, and into, employment.
The organisations delivering this service in partnership with G4S Welfare to Work are known as our ‘Family Support Brokers’. These Brokers are drawn from the public, voluntary and private sectors and have a track record of helping families tackle multiple barriers and problems. They are committed to delivering tailored, flexible support to each family and individual, including:
- Skills to help them find work e.g. CV-writing and job preparation
- Tackling family difficulties e.g. support for parenting, providing good role models, addressing behavioural issues
- Social and economic matters e.g. reducing debts, running family budgets
- Health and housing support e.g. reducing alcohol or drug misuse, finding permanent accommodation for families
- Identifying suitable employment opportunities for those who are out of work
- Helping those who are in work to stay in work and progress
- Moving people onto the Work Programme, where appropriate
To find out more our ESF contract to support some of Britain’s most troubled families in the Greater Manchester, Cheshire and Warrington area, please click here to view our brochure.
This project is part-financed by the European Union